For purposes of these policies and procedures, “you” or “your” means the organization, group or individual sponsoring or holding the event. “Foundation” means The Rita Langworthy Foundation. You shall not state or imply that you are an agent, subsidiary, partner or hold any other business relationship of association with Foundation.
Promotion and Logo Usage
- The name and official logo of the Foundation are registered trademarks owned solely by The Rita Langworthy Foundation. You may not display or use the Foundation logo, or any of our other trademarks, without written permission from the Foundation.
- The Foundation name and logo must be used in a manner consistent with the positive and professional image of the organization. The Foundation must review and approve all promotional and printed materials prior to publication or distribution for the event.
- Fundraiser print and promotional materials must clearly state the degree to which the Foundation will benefit from the fundraiser. For example: “All Proceeds of this fundraiser will be donated to The Rita Langworthy Foundation,” or “Percentage (state percentage) of the proceeds or sale price will be donated to The Rita Langworthy Foundation.”
- The “Host an Event” agreement must be completed and returned to the Foundation no later than 30 days prior to the event. Please allow at least 5 business days for the Foundation to review and respond to your proposal.
- Your event must comply with all local, state and federal laws, including without limitation, local laws regarding event hosting or laws regarding charitable fundraising.
- You are solely responsible for the planning and execution of the event, including set-up, promotion and staffing. The Foundation is not responsible for any financial losses or production costs incurred in conjunction with the fundraiser.
- Please understand Foundation members may not be available to attend the event or check presentations.
- The Foundation has made a commitment to our donors, officers, partners and volunteers regarding any personal contact information. The Foundation cannot sell or provide you with any personal or contact information from any donor, officer, partner or volunteer. Nor can the Foundation provide assistance in soliciting sponsors for your fundraising event.
- You may not use the Foundation’s tax exempt status or non-profit status in conjunction with the event. However, The Foundation can provide an authorization letter confirming your intent to raise funds for the Foundation. Please note: this letter is not authorized to be used a s a tax receipt.
Insurance and Liability
- The Foundation will not be a party to any liability coverage and accepts no legal responsibility, and cannot be held liable for any damage, risk or injury in connection with your fundraiser. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Foundation, its directors, officers and volunteers from any and all claims and liabilities relating to the event.
- You agree that nothing in this document creates, or is evidence of a partnership, joint venture or any other fiduciary relationship between you and the Foundation. You have the sole authority, the ability to control, and are wholly responsible for the event.
- The Foundation’s name and nonprofit status may not be used to secure licenses or permits for your fundraising event.
- The Foundation will not be responsible for payment of any expenses or promotion of the event. Similarly, you may not set up any bank accounts in the Foundation’s name.
- The Foundation requests that all proceeds are sent within 30 days of the event.
Tax Deduction/Donor Acknowledgement
- The Foundation is a charitable organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). Contributions to the Foundation qualify for the maximum charitable contribution deduction under the Internal Revenue Code. The Foundation can only send a tax-deductible receipt to donors who make payment directly to the Foundation. If your donor requests a receipt, please be sure their check is made payable to “The Rita Langworthy Foundation” with a notation about your event. Online donations processed through the Foundation’s main website donation page will receive a tax receipt.
- The Foundation reserves the right to terminate this agreement with you at any time.
Download a PDF of these guidelines.